1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? My favorite yarn is anything. I am not a big fan of old squeaky acrylic and unfortunately I seem to be a teensy bit allergic to mohair. I like to knit with anything knittable, so in addition to 'Walmart yarn' and 'designer yarn' or 'shi shi expensive yarn' I have also knit with wire, lanyard string, fabric, crepe paper streamers, paper, satin ribbon, raffia, and curly ribbon. I am always up for new experiences.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I just bought an Ashford Kiwi spinning wheel, what fun! I can't crochet to save my life
3. Do you have any allergies? PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING WITH JASMINE OR SIMILAR SCENTS. It triggers awful awful migraines.
4. How long have you been knitting? About 13/14 years. Since the 7th grade... you know even then they confiscated my needles and told me they could be used as weapons?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? not just yet
6. What's your favorite scent? pumpkin pie, chocolate, buttercream, um... for bath stuff I like musky flowery stuff.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? yes. I prefer Cadbury's to Hersheys, love the peanut butter/chocolate combination, and love love love maple flavored yummy ness.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I have been doing some beading lately, I like making Christmas stuff, and can't help myself with kits. I don't have a specific craft other than knitting though.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? I like pretty much everything. I can go from Michael Buble to Insane Clown Posse without blinking. MP3s are no problem.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Favorite colors are purple, black, pink, silver, and jewel tones. I love Autumn and Winter colors. I am not a huge fan of vomit or muddy colors and I am even less of a fan of "ice cream" colors or baby pastels.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married to a wonderful man and have a 5 year old who thinks she is the Queen of England. I have 2 dogs, Ozzy a shi-zhu/terrier/poodle mutt and Roadkill, a dobie/border collie/lab mix. They are both boys. Roadkill is so named because we got him on location while making a movie called "Roadkill" and Ozzy is named after the indomitable Ozzy Osbourne because when he was rescued by his former owners he was matted and tangled and looked like an aging rockstar. While he likes to chew the heads of stuffed toys he has not been found to be swearing incessantly while I am in earshot.
12. What are your life dreams? well for now I want to get through college without killing myself... I'd love to be a highschool english teacher. If we were going for extreme dreaming that would be: I want to have a chance to travel world wide and write about it, I want to write fiction, I want to own my own bed and breakfast somewhere with loads of acreage that we can use for... raising sheep and at least one dairy cow, so that I could spin and make my own cheese, but it would have to have loads of acreage so that when I wasn't hosting knitting/spinning getaway weekends my husband could be leasing the area out to live action roleplayers and filmmakers.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? anything. Although at the moment, I am totally in love with Touch Me. Who cares if it's expensive? It's like knitting a hug for your hands...
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? squeaky acrylic. oooh and kitchen cotton.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? knitting pumpkins and textural scarf kits.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? objects/stuffed toys
17. What are you knitting right now? right now? a scarf for me and some pumpkins and I am about to cast on Oblivion for my sister.
18. What do you think about ponchos? they should only be worn by emergency personnel in inclement weather, people on the Maiden of the Mists, or extremely skinny women. Ladies, if you are hefty (like myself) a poncho just makes it look like you decided to take your couch cover to work with you...
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? circulars and teeny dpns. I love 4-5 inch dpns.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I hate plastic. I love aluminum and wood is nice too, but I hate plastic, it bends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy.
21. Are you a sock knitter? yes.
22. How did you learn to knit? I took a class in school to keep away from a jackass teacher. Mr. O, being a jackass to me was maybe one of the best things you ever do, so I salute you. PS we still talk about being able to see your day-glo spandex jockey shorts under your white pants... what the hell were you thinking?
23. How old is your oldest UFO? um. Do I have to admit it? I have an entrelac pillow from 2001 somewhere around here, unless I threw it away. Otherwise, Rogue which I started this time last year for a present last Christmas... I better get knitting.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Online? FOAMY (www.illwillpress.com) offline like on tv? Strawberry Shortcake, Jem, Rainbow Bright, or She-Ra. Favorite animal would be sheep at the moment or a cappibarra, a giant rodent that lives in south america, or penguins. I love penguins.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween and Christmas. I love them both with a scary passion. I have already been buying stuff for each for crafty goodness.
26. Is there anything that you collect? men! (just kidding) Yes, I collect pins with witty sayings on them or like characters, etc. I just got one that says "your pin may say 'princess' but your face says 'troll'. They are a way of letting out my inner bitch without being truly evil. I also collect yarn, sheep and penguins, christmas ornaments, postcards, and throw blankets.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? right now just cast-on, but I buy IK alot and also Knit 1.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? The Knitted Rug and anything by Jean Greenhowe except for the 2 Christmas books.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? I really want the Kate Gilbert knitted bunny pattern, the wizard set, the unicorn, and this set from http://www.alphalink.com.au/~woodsy/miniwwtower.htm ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I don't do socks. I like to knit them but I am a barefoot kinda gal