Every Tuesday and Thursday night I am stuck in an over air conditioned classroom listening to a raving lunatic re-write history. I knit, try to keep quiet, and take notes. Occassionally I pipe up so that he can tell I am following along with the class, but otherwise, I keep my mouth shut. My brain is killing me. (*footnote number 1*) The first night (this is two 3 hour classes for a total of six so 12 hours a week) I knit on my market squares bag and totally slayed an entire skein of Kureyon. I just went ZIP! right through it. I joined a new skein and did the same thing the next night. Sheesh, I was thinking... I will be done with this in no time!! Then I brought kitty pi to school and worked on that for awhile. Then came Sea World and my trip to NobleKnits where I picked up the felted mice kit from Bully Wollies (5 cat toys, complete with yarn, jingle bells and a helluva alot of catnip) and I bombed thru all five mice, and kitty pi in one class. BUT that's where it gets interesting...
My knit sock kit swap pal is doing a charity thing and I have decided to knit some things for her charity. Driveby destroyed a ball of Kuryeon so I talked my sister into rewinding it into little balls just right for me knitting into little mice. So last night as I listened to my teacher ranting and raving his little heart away, I knit mice. I've knit about 11 mice so far. They are really fun. The pattern doesn't call for ears, but without ears, the just look like felted eggs, imo. So, before felting, after sewing them up, I find where the ears would go and pick up 4 stitches k 1 row, p 1 row, k1 k2tog k1, purl 1 row, and cast off. then I do the same thing on the other side. It gives them cute little ears. To start with I used smaller needles, but later I used the same sized needles as the bodies were knit with and post felted--- those mice came out looking better. LOL.
Back to my story.
- Abraham Lincoln didn't do the emancapation proclamation until his hand was forced by politics, this makes him and evil capitalist instead of the kind hearted abolitionist we have been taught he was. However, we should revere him because he was half-cast. Like about 1/3 of all of our presidents.
- Stonehenge was built by the Twa tribe of Africans. The proof of this is in the aerial photographs of it--- from above it appears to be an ANKH!
- Only white people can be racist
- The Hebrew people were really monotheist Africans fleeing a polytheist Egypt. Christianity a bum religion founded on a lie that rapes and pillages the true religion of the Afrikan people and that of Ancient Egypt
- Everything in this world was stolen from the black man by the white man
- In 1320 Mansa Musa brought 60,00 people plus 200 camels and over 40,000lbs of gold with him through the middle east. He gave so much of the gold away that along his path of travels gold was so devalued he caused a 20 year economic depression. (when I asked if this could have been a sound political tactic my teacher said it was probably an accident, he just wanted to share the love. imo no one spreads wealth like that around without reason)
- White people made up the word white and started calling themselves white during the reniassance. (ok fine, I believe this. BUT. KMT means BLACK and the ancient africans were calling themselves and aligning themselves with the word black for a very LONG freaking time so that can't exactly say that white people labelled them and then take the KMT arguement out and say look at this, can they?)
- oh and then he stops cold in the middle of a black history class to rail on the CLINTON administration for a solid 20 minutes. yes, ladies and gentlemen, the CLINTON administration. He believes that Clinton should have been impeached. When I finally had enough I flat out said, "I think it's a f--ked up world when a man can get hauled thrown into jail for getting a blowjob." (which would have happened if he'd been impeached.) That shut him up. I usually don't use such strong language in class but my patience had been .... anhilated. What does Clinton have to do with the CIVIL WAR?!
Half of the time I don't understand what the hell he is saying because he DOESN'T EXPLAIN A GODDAMNED THING. He throws names and book titles out and theories, but he doesn't explain them and he doesn't back them up. Maybe, and this will come off sounding bad on my part maybe, but maybe if I wasn't at the tail end of my college career and hadn't taken all of my other critical thinking classes I wouldn't notice it, but really about seventy five percent of what he is saying is smoke screens bullshit and artifice. Plus, I think it's highly irregular that in his syllabus he flat out forbids anyone from bringing recording devices to class. (this looks like a profound cya tactic to me, but hahaha my little ipod doohicky is undectetable. I wish I could spell with a migraine)
Why don't I drop? It's an 8 week class. We're in week 3. That's like half way. So I might as well just suck it up and get it over with. I just wish he wasn't so blatantly racist and that I wasn't the only white person. And. THAT THIS WOULDN'T KEEP HAPPENING TO ME! When I was on Yearbook in the 8th grade I was one of 9 white people in a staff of 45. There were, I think, 20 white kids at my school out of 400. Once I got beaten on by this Mexican kid Andreas because a girl who didn't like me told him I called him a Beaner (not true.) He shoved me down and punched me in the face. In the 9th grade there were 1,000 freshmen less than 1/4 were white. And yet all my life I am told that I am the majority and I am the racist. grr. nevermind
No more thinking.
I am making an appointment. Either one of my meds is giving me migraines, migraines are a side effect of the weight loss, or the stress from the class is giving me headaches. Either way, I am having doozies.